“Our lives begin to end the day
we become silent about things that matter.”
—Martin Luther King Jr.
Minnie Bruce and I are preparing to travel to Minneapolis tomorrow, for my Sept. 13 arraignment on a charge of 3rd-degree Gross Misdemeanor, at 8:30 am at the PSF 141, “Public Safety” Facility, 401 South Fourth Street.
For more information:
As defendant, I welcome parents and other caregivers bringing children of all ages, including infants and toddlers. I’ll bring crayons and drawing paper.
Please wear purple/buttons/t-shirts in solidarity with CeCe McDonald! I’ll be wearing the free CeCe t-shirt designed by artist/activist Ricardo Levins Morales.
I’ve made a sign in support of CeCe to take with me to court. If you make and post your own sign in support of CeCe McDonald and/or have already posted one online, send me a copy of the photo/credit/location via social media and I’ll do my best to include your solidarity in the multi-media dedication to CeCe.
Please check that morning for the assigned courtroom.
My thanks to lawyer Bruce Nestor and the
National Lawyers’ Guild for helping me
defend myself in the court of the 1%.
These words below are the only statement
I can make at this time:
As a revolutionary activist, journalist/author,
and proud member of the National Writers’ Union/UAW Local 1981—
I will not be silent!
STOP the WAR AGAINST
TRANS WOMEN of COLOR!
FREE CECE McDONALD NOW!
TO NATIVE NATIONS: MY GREETING of RESPECT
I send my greeting of respect to Indigenous Nations on the land now claimed as “Minnesota.” I vow to continue to defend your land and treaty rights, rights to sovereignty and self-determination, and defense of this planet that sustains all life. I am a proud neighbor of the Onondaga Nation.
As violent weapons of rule by the 1%, the police, prosecutors, judges and prison officials invoke “law.” I recall that in 1862, this racist injustice system proclaimed it “legal” to lynch 38 Dakota men in a mass execution in Mankato, after convicting the defendants of “war crimes” after 15-minute trials.
The Dakota people were forced to march into concentration camps,
and many were deported to reservations far from the land of their ancestors.
STOP DEPORTATIONS: NO WORKER IS ‘ILLEGAL’
I send my heartfelt solidarity to immigrants who are courageously defying apartheid passbook laws.
Stop racist apartheid laws, ICE immigrant-bashing,
detentions & deportations!
STOP BRUTAL POLICE OCCUPATIONS
In OPPRESSED COMMUNITIES!
End racist profiling, the school-to-prison pipeline ,
racist, mass incarceration, the Prison-Industrial Complex,
Aad prisons for profit!
FBI: HANDS OFF ACTIVISTS!
SOLIDARITY AGAINST STATE REPRESSION:
Support grand jury resistors
& Occupy Homes organizers!
FREE MICHAEL WILLIAMS NOW!
Solidarity with Muslims & Sikhs
in the U.S. and around the world!
STOP ENDLESS WARS for PROFIT!
Solidarity with Pakistani
in Sukkur who protested Pentagon drone attacks.
Those killer drones leave
from the same small airport
in Syracuse, N.Y., U.S. as the plane
that will take me to Minneapolis, M.N.
Bring all the troops home!
Disband private corporate armies!
Free Pfc. B. Manning!
Hands off Assange & Wikileaks!
JOBS, HOMES, FOOD, HEALTH CARE, EDUCATION!
NOT PRISONS & PENTAGON WARS!
JAIL the real criminals: the 1%!
- jaidling likes this
- gingerfeminist reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- biancabayard reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- ananiujitha reblogged this from crunkfeministcollective
- freereeves likes this
- kellypope likes this
- djripley reblogged this from leslie-feinberg
- junkwhale likes this
- unapologeticexistence likes this
- jcarl likes this
- crunkfeministcollective reblogged this from leslie-feinberg
- marchoftigers reblogged this from hollowpikeman
- hollowpikeman reblogged this from leslie-feinberg
- unobject likes this
- curvaceousfairyprincess reblogged this from projectqueer
- curvaceousfairyprincess likes this
- transqueery likes this
- if-i-m-young-and-stupid likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- suspendedharmony likes this
- neveraloneinhere reblogged this from projectqueer
- thekazzu likes this
- lgbtadvocate reblogged this from projectqueer
- becauseforoncethisisme likes this
- projectqueer reblogged this from mattachinereview
- mattachinereview reblogged this from leslie-feinberg
- crunkfeministcollective likes this
- ifaoshun reblogged this from leslie-feinberg
- smittened reblogged this from leslie-feinberg
- smittened likes this
- str-crssd reblogged this from leslie-feinberg
- str-crssd likes this
- leslie-feinberg posted this